The wine of Château Renon dates back to the year 1000. At that time, the castle was a stronghold located on the Tabanac spur. The current 19th century château was built on the ruins of the medieval castle. It has magnificient vaulted cellars; this is where the great wines are kept that were grown in the soil of the beautiful hillsides which overlook the Garonne river in the distance.
The quality and exposure of our soil, combined with our desire for perfection, both in the vineyard and in the cellars, give the wines of Château Renon a quality worthy of the greatest Grands Crus of Bordeaux.
Through the various marriages and legacies, this property has been able to absorb, through the centuries, the history of the lords and knights who resided in these places
After the death of Henry of Tarneau in 1756, Field Marshal to the King's armies, the estate became a dependency of the House of Lur Saluces (former owner of Château Yquem).
Armed with this rich historical and viticultural past, the businessman and patron James Zhou, decided to become owner of the estate. He purchased the site in 2014 and quickly set about restoring Château Renon's noble reputation.